All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Itsi Bag was designed as a cross-body sling bag big enough just for your essentials. You can put your phone, keys, and cards in your Itsi bag and be right out the door!
Itsi is a scrap buster – find the perfect fabric, or just use some from your stash. She is aimed at the advanced beginner to intermediate sewer and can be made in approximately 1-2 hours depending on your skill level.
The Itsi bag has the following features:
- A zippered top closure
- An outer zippered pocket on one side of the bag
- An outer slip pocket on the other side
- The outside of the bag is optionally padded with fusible fleece
- The pattern also includes instructions for an optional external key ring hook
- The bag is typically worn cross-body style with a 54″ strap
- The bag is also perfect for kids. Make it in their favorite color or an adorable fabric, stuff it with goodies, and it’s a perfect present or party favor
- Final bag dimensions are approximately 6″ by 6.5″ (15 by 16.5 cm)
- Quick and easy to make.
What you will need to make The Itsi Bag
Click here for the pattern
Our Very Best Patterns
Looking for the best of the best bag sewing patterns? This article is one of the TOP 20 Most Visited on the Sew Modern Bags site in the last 12 months. Here is the full list of our Top 20 most popular patterns to sew:
- Japanese Knot Bag
- Farmers Market Everyday Tote Bag – free
- Sofia Cinch-Up Makeup Bag
- Fold Up Tote Bag – free
- Sew your own lunch bag – free video
- Devon Zipper Pouch Carry Along sewing case – free
- Ultimate Carry All Bag
- Mini Crossbody Bag Cell Phone
- Wallets – Best 18 – free
- Honeycomb Basket
- Everyday Attache Bag
- The Kaitlin Crossbody Purse
- Easy Zipper Pouch in 5 sizes
- Bubble Pods
- The Itsi Bag – small sling for your essentials
- The Big Bag Tote
- Brancaster Messenger Bag
- The Essential Pouch in 4 sizes
- Project Bucket Bag
- Purse Organizer
More Crossbody Bags to sew
For versatility, you can't beat a crossbody bag. Easy to wear, fun to sew, and a wardrobe essential. Everyone needs a few of these in their sewing pattern collection. Check out a few recent crossbody bag patterns to sew from our store.