All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s the Farmers Market Everyday Tote Bag where the lovely designer has provided us all with a free pattern and tutorial. With our environment and oceans under threat from plastic, it makes such good sense to sew strong reusable grocery bags that you can use over and over again.
You can make yourself one of these great looking and functional bags and then go off to your local farmers market and fill up with lovely nutritional and local produce. These are equally at home in your local supermarket. Keep them in the glove box in the car, then grab one or two out the next time you run into the store for your groceries.
Help your friends make good environmental choices by sewing them a number of these bags too – show you care about them and the planet!
When you finish making your Farmers Market Everyday Tote Bag it will measure approximately 13″ high by 15″ wide by 5″ deep.
Do you want lots more tote bag sewing pattern ideas? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite tote bag sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
What you will need to make the Farmers Market Everyday Tote Bag
- 1/2 a yard of fabric for the exterior
- 1/2 a yard of fabric for the handles and bag trim
- 1-yard of fabric for the lining, two pockets and the bag bottom cover
- 1-yard of fusible fleece for the exterior
- 1-yard of stiff fusible interfacing (like Decor Bond or Craft Fuse) for the lining, pockets and handles. The width of this product varies from 20” to 45” so you may want to purchase a bit more if the width is only 20”.
- Basic sewing supplies
- A sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern