All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s the Farmers Market Everyday Tote Bag where the lovely designer has provided us all with a free pattern and tutorial. With our environment and oceans under threat from plastic, it makes such good sense to sew strong reusable grocery bags that you can use over and over again.
You can make yourself one of these great looking and functional bags and then go off to your local farmers market and fill up with lovely nutritional and local produce. These are equally at home in your local supermarket. Keep them in the glove box in the car, then grab one or two out the next time you run into the store for your groceries.
Help your friends make good environmental choices by sewing them a number of these bags too – show you care about them and the planet!
When you finish making your Farmers Market Everyday Tote Bag it will measure approximately 13″ high by 15″ wide by 5″ deep.
Find even more Tote Bag Sewing Patterns here
Do you want lots more tote bag sewing pattern ideas? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite tote bag sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
What you will need to make the Farmers Market Everyday Tote Bag
- 1/2 a yard of fabric for the exterior.
- 1/2 a yard of fabric for the handles and bag trim.
- 1-yard of fabric for the lining, two pockets, and the bag bottom cover.
- 1-yard of fusible fleece for the exterior.
- 1-yard of stiff fusible interfacing (like Decor Bond or Craft Fuse) for the lining, pockets, and handles. The width of this product varies from 20” to 45” so you may want to purchase a bit more if the width is only 20”.
- Basic sewing supplies.
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the purple button below.
Click here for the pattern
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Our Very Best Patterns
Looking for the best of the best bag sewing patterns? This article is one of the TOP 20 Most Visited on the Sew Modern Bags site in the last 12 months. Here is the full list of our Top 20 most popular patterns to sew:
- Japanese Knot Bag
- Farmers Market Everyday Tote Bag – free
- Sofia Cinch-Up Makeup Bag
- Fold Up Tote Bag – free
- Sew your own lunch bag – free video
- Devon Zipper Pouch Carry Along sewing case – free
- Ultimate Carry All Bag
- Mini Crossbody Bag Cell Phone
- Wallets – Best 18 – free
- Honeycomb Basket
- Everyday Attache Bag
- The Kaitlin Crossbody Purse
- Easy Zipper Pouch in 5 sizes
- Bubble Pods
- The Itsi Bag – small sling for your essentials
- The Big Bag Tote
- Brancaster Messenger Bag
- The Essential Pouch in 4 sizes
- Project Bucket Bag
- Purse Organizer
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns
for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
Sew more tote bags and you'll be happier - we promise 😉
When you just need to sew and don't want to get into a really complicated project, you can't beat a classic sewing pattern for a tote bag. We've got 50 of our favorite tote bag patterns hand-picked for you in the store. Go to the shop page to find them all saved by category.