All posts may contain affiliate links.
Do you find when you are carrying a big bag, that it takes forever to find the one small item that you need? Or that you switch bags quite often, perhaps using a different bag for work, another for casual going out, another for the gym, a different one when you take the kids to an activity etc. Every time you have to empty all the things you need from one bag and switch them over to another. If you miss something essential, then you can be frustrated.
Here’s your chance to create your own one of a kind completely customizable purse organizer (or tablet case) using this awesome pattern.
Now you can stay organised, save time and hassle and keep all the bits and pieces you need easy on hand.
Don’t have a printer? No worries with this pattern because it’s a measure and cut pattern, which means you don’t need to print out (and tape together) paper templates. Just measure, mark and cut the pattern right there on the fabric. We recommend a quilting ruler, rotary cutter and Frixion pens (heat erasable fabric markers).
This amazing Purse Organizer has the following special features:–
- A zipper closure,
- An exterior front zipper pocket and mesh pocket,
- An exterior back slip pocket with snap closure,
- An interior slip pockets plus a zipper pocket,
- It measures approximately 10.5” wide by 8” tall.
It’s ideal for carrying your tech items too. Makes a great tablet cover used on its own, or slipped inside a bigger bag.
What you will need to make this Purse Organizer:-
- One fat quarter piece of fabric for the exterior,
- ½ yard of contrasting fabric for the pockets,
- ¾ yard of fabric for the lining,
- 4” by 11 ½” piece of mesh fabric,
- ¾ yard SF101 interfacing (or other medium weight fusible interfacing of choice),
- 13” wide by 19” tall foam interfacing (try Soft and Stable by Annie or Pellon Flex Foam),
- One 10” metal or nylon zipper,
- Two 8” metal or nylon zippers,
- One 2” long by 3/4” wide ribbon or leather strip,
- One 3/4” D-ring,
- One heavy-duty snap closure (size 24 – 5/8”),
- Two zipper pulls (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the light blue button below. And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
Click here for the pattern
See all the patterns by this designer here
Our Very Best Patterns
Looking for the best of the best bag sewing patterns? This article is one of the TOP 20 Most Visited on the Sew Modern Bags site in the last 12 months. Here is the full list of our Top 20 most popular patterns to sew:
- Japanese Knot Bag
- Farmers Market Everyday Tote Bag – free
- Sofia Cinch-Up Makeup Bag
- Fold Up Tote Bag – free
- Sew your own lunch bag – free video
- Devon Zipper Pouch Carry Along sewing case – free
- Ultimate Carry All Bag
- Mini Crossbody Bag Cell Phone
- Wallets – Best 18 – free
- Honeycomb Basket
- Everyday Attache Bag
- The Kaitlin Crossbody Purse
- Easy Zipper Pouch in 5 sizes
- Bubble Pods
- The Itsi Bag – small sling for your essentials
- The Big Bag Tote
- Brancaster Messenger Bag
- The Essential Pouch in 4 sizes
- Project Bucket Bag
- Purse Organizer
This pattern isn't quite right for you? We've got lots more ideas for storage and organizers you can sew
to share on our Pinterest board dedicated to exactly that. Click below to follow this board, then Pin and save your favorite sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
We think you'll like these patterns for storage and organizers to sew
We know our readers just love to sew storage and organizer projects so we've got lots of them. We've handpicked some of our favorites to feature in our pattern store. These are some of the most popular that are readers are sewing now!