All posts may contain affiliate links.
This pouch, the Essential Pouch is a great project for a beginner sewer, and a quick and stress-free sew for someone more experienced.
The designer has been very flexible giving instructions on how to make the Essential Pouch in four different sizes. Each one is perfectly balanced and proportioned to look just right no matter which size you choose.
The approximate finished sizes (width on the bottom, height, depth) for each of the pouches are as follows:
- Small – 5 ½” by 3 ½” by 1 ½”
- Medium – 7″ by 5″ by 2″
- Large – 8 ½” by 6″ by 2 ½”
- Extra-large – 8 ¾” by 7″ by 3″
Don’t have a printer? No worries with this pattern because it’s a measure and cut pattern, which means you don’t need to print out (and tape together) paper templates. Just measure, mark and cut the pattern right there on the fabric. We recommend a quilting ruler, rotary cutter and Frixion pens (heat erasable fabric markers).
What you will need to make the Essential Pouch:-
- Exterior fabric – pick a pretty quilting cotton,
- Contrasting bottom fabric, solids look good,
- Lining fabric – another quilting cotton of your choice,
- Medium weight fusible interfacing,
- Metal or nylon zipper (6″ for small, 8″ for medium, 10″ for large, 11″ for extra-large),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Grab the set of 4 patterns here
See all the patterns by this designer here
MORE zipper bag sewing patterns here ->
Do you want lots more zipper bag sewing pattern
ideas? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite zipper bag sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.