The Brigitte Baguette Bag comes in two sizes, both a micro and a mini, so you can choose the size that is right for you. It has a streamlined silhouette that blends an iconic shape with a clean modern design. Long and narrow, small in size, so it is just perfect for the essentials. You can carry the Brigitte Baguette as a clutch over the arm or as a shoulder bag.
The pattern features lots and lots of options so that you can create a bag that is uniquely you. There are:
- three flap options
- two strap connectors options
- two strap options that can be easily switched from a handle that allows you to nestle the Brigitte under your arm as easily as a long, crusty French loaf from which it borrows its name, to a long shoulder strap when dashing between events.
The Brigitte Baguette is a compact bag but there is still plenty of room to store the essentials. The interior includes a back slip pocket for cash, tickets, or recipes, along with three internal card slots that negate the need for a wallet.
Each bag measures as follows:
- The Micro Baguette is 5″ high by 9″ wide by 4″ deep.
- The Mini Baguette is 5 ½” high by 11″ wide by 5″ deep.
What you will need to make the Brigitte Baguette Bag
- One piece of main fabric – 18″ x 27″ (35″ x 18″ for Mini) Cork, Vinyl or Leather OR ⅓ yard (½ yard for Mini) 44″ Quilting Weight or Décor Weight. Please note that if you are choosing Quilting Cotton for your Main Fabric and Flap Option 2, you will need a small piece of “Contrast Fabric” Cork, Vinyl or Leather to fit Pattern Piece B-2 for either the Micro Size or Mini Size.
- ½ yard (⅔ for Mini) 44″ wide Quilting Weight Cotton– Lining Fabric
- ½ yard (⅔ yard for Mini) Fusible Pellon SF101 or a woven shaping Interfacing
- ½ yard (both sizes) Fusible Décor Bond
- ⅛ yard (⅔ yard for Mini) Fusible Fleece
- Two ¾” O-rings or D-rings
- One twist lock closure
- Nine sets of #20 Kam Snaps– optional
- Coordinating thread
- Removable Fabric Marker (A Frixion gel pen is recommended as it can be removed by pressing with an iron)
- Microtex (Sharp) Needle 80/12 is recommended for topstitching through the thicker parts.
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
Click here to download the Brigitte Baguette Bag pattern