All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is the Ilaria Handbag pdf sewing pattern from the designer Bagstock Designs.
The Ilaria Handbag is a stylish bag, spacious and roomy enough to keep those office essentials.
Features of the Ilaria Handbag:
- Stylish design.
- Interior zippered pocket.
- Two interior slip pockets.
- Recessed zipper closure.
- Adjustable crossbody strap.
When you have finished making yourself an Ilaria Handbag it will measure approximately 14.5″ wide at the top by 11″ high by 5″ deep.
The designer rates her project as suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. You will need basic sewing skills i.e. you should be familiar with sewing patterns.
What’s needed to make an Ilaria Handbag:
- 1/2-yard quilting weight exterior fabric,
- 1/2-yard contrasting fabric, woven or vinyl/cork,
- 2/3-yard quilting weight lining fabric,
- 2-yards fusible woven interfacing – 45” wide (4 yards if using 20”) (Pellon SF-101 Shapeflex / Wovenfuse),
- 1-yard sew-in foam interfacing – 20” wide (Pellon Flex foam),
- 6.5” x 5” piece of fusible stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71f / Decovil heavy),
- 4.5” x 4.5” piece of Décor bond/Decovil light/Cordura (Connector stabilizer),
- One 10” or longer #3 all-purpose zipper (Interior zipper pocket),
- One 16” or longer #4.5” or #5” handbag zipper (Main zipper closure),
- Four 1” rectangle rings,
- Two 1″ swivel hooks,
- Two 1″ D-rings,
- One 1″ slider,
- One zipper end,
- Rivets (Optional),
- Four bag feet (Optional),
- Double-sided tape or fabric glue,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The pattern includes thirty-one pages of easy step-by-step instructions with color photos to help you through each step. The pattern also includes printable pattern pieces with seam allowances included.
If you would like to download the pattern you
can click on the blue button below.
Click here to get the pattern
More ideas for purses and handbags to sew
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.