All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a tote bag with a twist – or rather with a cinch. Free downloadable pattern for how to make this easy to piece tote bag with style. We really like the look of the grommets on this bag and the shaping really sets it apart from a simple tote. Learn a few new skills and create something a little different today!
What you will need to make a Cinch Up Tote Bag:-
- [Check out our resources page for recommended fabric, interfacing and hardware suppliers],
- 3/8 yard teal-and-orange floral (bag),
- 1/4 yard orange-and-teal plaid (bag),
- 1/4 yard each of orange polka dot and orange print (bag),
- 1/4 yard orange-and-yellow floral (bag),
- 3/8 yard muslin (bag casing),
- 1/4 yard orange-and-brown floral (handles, binding),
- 1-yard orange floral (bag lining, pocket),
- 2 yards 7/8″-wide grosgrain ribbon: brown (handles),
- Four 1″ diameter grommets,
- 22 by 41-1/2″ thin batting,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
When you have finished making your very own Cinch Up Tote Bag it will measure approximately 17-1/2″ by 18-3/4″ by 4″. That’s a pretty big bag so adjust the size if needed to make something smaller if that suits you better. And then you’ll need less fabric too.
Get the FREE pattern here
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.