All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is the Toiletry Tote Bag FREE sewing pattern sew-along from the designer Sweet Bee Buzzings. The designer describes her bag as super cute that can be used for anything!
The designer originally designed this bag to be used as a toiletry bag, and that’s what she used her for. However, there is an amazing number of uses for a bag like this.
You can make a craft tote for anything you can imagine (crochet, knitting, jewelry making, paper pieced quilting, and so on).
Or how about making a tote for your little ones to store all their treasures around, like their lego, paper, and crayons, and whatever other treasures they have.
Or how about using some coated fabrics and use it as a lunch tote.
And the designer says if you feel ambitious how about sizing up the bag and make an overnighter bag for your little ones.
So anything goes with this bag.
When you make yourself your very own Toiletry Tote Bag it will measure approximately 10″ wide by 8″ high by 4″ deep with a secure zipper opening, lovely inside pockets for organization, and some super sturdy handles.
What you will need to make a Toiletry Tote Bag:-
- 2/3 of a yard of exterior fabric. Non-directional fabric works best for this pattern,
- 2/3 of a yard of lining fabric,
- 1/3 of a yard of contrast fabric for the handles. If you want to use the lining fabric for the handles then skip this and just get 1-yard of lining fabric,
- 1 1/3 yard of 20-inch wide fusible interfacing. The designer used Shape Flex 101 (a woven) but a basic craft-weight will work fine, too),
- 2/3 of a yard of fusible fleece (The designer used Thermolam Plus),
- One 24-inch zipper,
- One 10-inch zipper (for the inside zipper pocket),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to view the four blog posts that outline each stage of the sewing tutorial then click on each of the four links below:
- Let’s Get Our Sew Along On! Click HERE.
- The Toiletry Tote Sew Along Part One: Cutting and Handling the Exterior. Click HERE.
- The Toiletry Tote Sew Along Part Two: The Lining. Click HERE.
- The Toiletry Tote Sew Along Part Three: Putting It All Together – click HERE.
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns
for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
More Tote Bags to sew
Everyone needs (a lot) more than one tote bag. They are a staple pattern in every sewing pattern collection and so versatile and adaptable. Check out a few recent tote bag patterns to sew from our store.