All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a great sewing pattern and tutorial for a pencil case that comes in two sizes. The Tasnim Pencil Case has a zipper closure and is fully lined with no raw edges.
When you have made the Tasnim Pencil Case yourself it will measure approximately (Height by Width by Length):-
• Small – 0.4″ (1 cm) by 2.7″ (7 cm) by 8.2″ (21 cm).
• Large – 0.4″ (1 cm) by 4.7″ (12 cm) by 8.2″ (21 cm).
The designer, Molko, rates her project as suitable for a beginner sewer. Basic sewing techniques and sewing machine knowledge would be helpful but she helps you along the way with clear instructions and photographs.
What you will need to make the Tasnim Pencil Case (see the pattern for full details):–
- Exterior fabric. Recommended – Cotton, Cotton-Canvas, Waxed Canvas, Oil Cloth, Quilting Cotton, Upholstery/Curtain Fabric,
- Lining fabric. Recommended – Quilting Cotton, 2oz-4oz PU Coated Nylon Waterproof Fabric,
- Fusible interfacing. Recommended – Non-Woven = Vliseline H250 or Pellon 809. Woven = Pellon SF101, Vliseline G700,
- One #5 zipper. For a beginner sewer, the designer recommends nylon zips as they are easier to work with. She uses using silver/gold tone nylon zips which are easier and cheaper but give the illusion of metal zips,
- Leather zip pull (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Full details of the pattern are shown below:-
• Easy to follow step-by-step instructions with lots of color photos to guide you along the way.
• Full-size, computer drawn patterns with seam allowances included.
• Includes both US letter size and A4 paper size.
• Dimensions in both Imperial and Metric.
• A detailed breakdown of the materials you need to create this project.
• Instructions are written in English.
If you would like to download this pattern then you can click on the blue button below.
Click here for the pattern
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
See all the patterns from this designer here