Marsham Messenger Bag sewing pattern
This amazing designer has got another winner here with this strikingly simple messenger bag that is the ideal size for everyday use. This is a sewing pattern for The Marsham Messenger Bag, inspired by the 1940s ‘make-do-and-mend’ era.
It is pieced together with three contrasting fabrics to give a homespun look with infinite possibilities. It can be made in anything from traditional wool tweed paired with corduroy or moleskin to cotton decorator fabrics.
The Marsham Messenger Bag pattern also includes instructions for adding an interior patch pocket, using the flap template.
When finished the Marsham Messenger Bag will measure approximately 13” (33 cm) wide by 11” (28 cm) high with a darted base width of 2.5” (6 cm) and a strap length of 41” (105 cm).
What you will need to make the Marsham Messenger Bag:-
- 1/3 yard (32 cm) of 60” (154 cm) wide or 2/3 yard (62 cm) of 44” (112 cm) wide exterior fabric 1,
- 1/3 yard (32 cm) of 60” (154 cm) OR 44” (112 cm) wide exterior fabric 2,
- 1/3 yard (32 cm) of 60” (154 cm) OR 44” (112 cm) wide exterior fabric 3,
- 1/3 yard (32 cm) of 60” (154 cm) wide, or 2/3 yard (62 cm) or 44” (112 cm) wide lining fabric,
- ¾ yard (70 cm) of 36” (92 cm) wide firm sew-in interfacing,
- ½ yard (50 cm) of 36” (92 cm) wide fusible interfacing,
- One magnetic snap,
- A selection of buttons of your choice to trim the flap,
- Matching thread,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
When you add this wonderful sewing pattenr to your collection, it consists of seventeen pages. The first ten pages include the cover, general, cutting out, and step-by-step instructions, while the final seven pages are the pattern sheets with the templates, which you must print and cut out. All of the templates are actual size and all seam allowances are already added. As three of the templates are too big to fit on one sheet, you must cut out and tape these templates together where shown. The instructions for this are clear.
If you would like to download this pattern you can click on the light blue button below.