All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a fabulously Easy Crossbody Messenger Bag pattern for beginners!
It’s elegant, yet roomy, with lots of pockets for all your essentials. There is no zipper involved which makes it an easy pattern for those who have never made a bag before. There are clear instructions along with plenty of photos to help you every step of the way.
The Jaedyn Messenger Bag is the perfect bag where accent pieces can be done in contrasting fabric or vinyl. This very roomy bag has lots of pockets for all of your essential items. Jaedyn has the following pockets/slots:-
- Six slip pockets on the front,
- One interior cell phone pocket,
- Six card slots
- One small pocket.
This is an exclusive pattern you won’t find anywhere else, provided to you courtesy of JTK Designs. Jane sews and sells beautiful purses, handbags, shoulder bags, wallets and totes, including custom designs, on her website here.
When you have finished making your own Jaedyn Messenger Bag it will measure approximately 10.25″ wide by 10.25″ tall by 4.25″ deep (Fits 11″ tablets, or a 9/5″ by 11.5″ planner).
What you will need to make the Jaedyn Messenger Bag:-
- 3/4 of a yard of exterior fabric,
- 1/2 a yard of lining fabric,
- 1/2 a yard of contrasting fabric, or vinyl, for accents and gusset,
- 1/2 a yard of Pellon 809 fusible interfacing,
- 1/2 a yard of fusible fleece,
- Two 1″ swivel clips for the strap (see our resources page for hardware suppliers),
- Two 1″ D-rings for the strap,
- One 1″ tri-glide slider for the adjustable strap,
- One 2″ turnlock,
- Fabritac fabric glue (optional),
- Wonder clips or pins,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Download the FREE pattern here
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.