Leather Bag FREE sewing tutorial
This is the Leather Bag FREE sewing tutorial from the designer Havalah of Sisters, What! shared through the Ribbon Retreat blog.
It’s always a real pleasure for us to share with you FREE patterns or tutorials from designers. And this one is a very special share because the designer rates this bag project as her “most favorite bag in the world!! Seriously, I love it!!“
This lovely bag has a zipper closure, an outer zipper pocket, an inner zipper pocket, full width slip pockets on both sides of the lining, and an adjustable strap.
This pattern has an easy construction method and is very scrap friendly. You can mix and match your materials making the bag with a combination of leather or vinyl and fabric or just with fabric.
You can customize the full width slip pockets on both sides of the lining and therefore hold exactly what you want to carry.
What’s needed to make a Leather Bag:
- If doing the stripes bag you’ll need four black strips and four white strips. If doing a solid piece of fabric you’ll need two pieces of fabric,
- Two pieces of leather/vinyl (or other heavy fabric like duck cloth),
- Two pieces of batting,
- Two pieces of duck cloth
- One favorite fabric for the 1st pocket,
- One piece of heavy weight interfacing for the pocket,
- One favorite fabric for the second pocket,
- One piece of heavy weight interfacing for the second pocket,
- Other Supplies:
- A leather needle,
- One piece of leather/vinyl for strap,
- Two leather pieces for the strap,
- Two leather pieces for the rectangle ring on the bag,
- Swivel Latches,
- Rectangle Rings,
- Fabric for the pockets,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The designer says you should use a ¼” seam allowance unless directed otherwise.
If you would like to follow along with the FREE step by step photo tutorial for how to sew this bag you can click on the purple button below.
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.