All posts may contain affiliate links.
These two sizes of Art Books are perfect for all art lovers, bullet journalers, zentanglers, or anyone that loves cases and organisers.
The large case will hold an A5 notebook in the front pocket and 32 pencils! You can store more pencils in the flap pocket or above the clear zipper pocket. There is also a clear, pleated zipper pocket for all those extras.
This is a great “hold all” for your art supplies, just grab it and create when the desire hits you. Perfect for vacations, days in the park, or in the garden.
As a BONUS, the designer has also included a smaller case that holds 24 pencils. Make one for the kids and send them to school in style with their own personalized case.
You can now STOP searching for your supplies, they are now all nicely boxed up in one place!
The designer rates her project as suitable for an intermediate sewer.
When you have finished making an Art Book it will measure approximately:-
- Large – Closed = 8″ wide by 9 1/2″ high by 2″ deep.
- Large – Opened = 29 1/2″ wide by 9 1/2″ high by 2″ deep.
- Small – Closed = 7 1/2″ wide by 8 1/2″ high by 3/4″ deep.
- Small – Opened = 19 1/2″ wide by 8 1/2″ high by 3/4″ deep.
What you will need to make an Art Book:-
- 1/3 of a yard of cotton for the exterior fabric,
- 9 1/2″ by 14 3/8″ of Faux leather or cork for the exterior accent fabric,
- 19 1/2″ by 29 1/2″ of cotton, laminated cotton, Cordura, vinyl for the lining fabric,
- 5/8 yards of non-woven medium weight fusible interfacing H250,
- One 8″ #3 zipper,
- One 3⁄4″ swivel hook for version 1,
- One 3⁄4″ D-Ring for version 1,
- 10″ of 3⁄4″ webbing/leather strap for version 2,
- Two 3⁄4″ D-Rings for version 2,
- A 1/4″ piece of Velcro for the small version,
- 5″ by 6″ piece of clear vinyl,
- 1 yard of 3/4 – 1″ wide elastic,
- 2 mm Greyboard, cardboard, or 2 comic book boards glued together,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
This is a PDF pattern, consisting of 39 pages of step by step instructions with color photos and 23 pages of full-size pattern pieces. Cutting from measurements (when possible) is also included. If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here for the pattern
This designer, Moments By Liz, has some other fantastic patterns that you can download by clicking on the red button below.
See all the patterns from this designer here
More storage and organizers to sew
Want even more ideas for projects to sew for storage and organizers? We love to sew bags that help to keep things neat and tidy. Check out a few recent storage ideas to sew from our store.