All posts may contain affiliate links.
An iconic sewing pattern that everyone needs to sew! The Necessary Clutch Wallet is a classy wallet with room for a lot of your personal items. It can carry your cell phone/mobile, cheques, cash, cards, coins and still have room for more. The flap of the clutch wallet is secured with either a snap fastener or a professional looking twist lock. The downloadable PDF sewing pattern also includes instructions for the wrist strap and shoulder strap.
The Necessary Clutch Wallet is approximately 8″ long at the bottom, 4″ high and 1″ deep at the bottom.
What you need to make The Necessary Clutch Wallet
- One Fat Quarter of exterior fabric (quilting cotton)
- One Fat Quarter of lining fabric (quilting cotton)
- Pocket fabric (quilting cotton)
- Fusible Woven Light-Medium weight interfacing (such as Pellon SF101 Shapeflex or heavier)
- A scrap of Pellon Peltex 71F Ultra Firm Stabilizer or similar, fusible one side is preferred.
- Dress zipper 8″ or longer with nylon teeth
- One small Turn Lock or one Heavy duty snap. (Our favorite hardware suppliers here)
- Water-soluble Erasable Marking Pen, or Chalk Pencil (we love the Frixion pens)
- Rotary Cutting Tool, Mat, and Large Ruler and your basic sewing supplies
- Fraystop or Fraycheck, fray stopping liquid (optional)
- DST – Double sided wash-away fabric tape such as Wonder Tape by Dritz (Or fabric glue to substitute – Fabritac)
- Thread to match all fabrics
- Jeans sewing machine needle, used to sew through tightly woven fabrics.
The Necessary Clutch Wallet sewing pattern is courtesy of the EmmalineBags website.
Click here to get the pattern