If you want to make yourself an awesome summer bag then you should download this FREE pdf pattern for the Super Sturdy Summer Tote.
This lovely Tote bag has the following features:
- It is a generously sized tote, and the open top makes it easy to load and unload.
- Rivets are included to add strength to the bag’s straps and other stress points. They are easy to work with and look great when installed
- A pretty monogram is added to the front pocket to both personalize as well as to identify the bag as yours
- Reverse boxed corners finish at 5″ deep, so the tote really lives up to its Super Sturdy name
- Foam interfacing is added which gives the tote great structure, but does mean the final layers are quite substantial
- The finishing touch, which adds a cute accent splash, is the optional tassel along the top of the tote
- A handy 6″ horizontal strap has been added at the back of the bag so that it can be slipped over the handle of a piece of rolling luggage.
- Final dimensions are approximately 15½” high by 15″ wide by 5″ deep.
What you will need to make the Super Sturdy Summer Tote Bag
- 1 yard of 43″+ wide mid-weight canvas or similar in a bold print for the bag exterior
- 1 yard of 44″+ wide quilting cotton for the lining
- 1 yard of 20″+ wide fusible foam, like Pellon FlexFoam
- ¼ yard of 20″+ wide lightweight fusible interfacing, like Pellon ShapeFlex SF101
- 3½ yards of 1¼” – 1½” wide webbing
- IF you add the optional tassel you will need (A) ¼ yard of ½” wide twill tape (B) FOUR skeins of pearl cotton floss in four coordinating colours (C) ¼ yard of ¼” wide cotton cording (D) One 1/2″ swivel hook and D-ring
- All-purpose thread to match fabric and webbing
- 16 double cap rivets in gunmetal
- Sewing machine, standard presser foot and walking or even feed foot
- Basic sewing supplies
Click here for the FREE pdf pattern and tutorial