Ethel Tote Bag FREE sewing pattern
The whole team at Sew Modern Bags loves Swoon bags – all of them. But they can be complicated and take a while to make. This one, on the other hand, the Ethel, is a darling to sew. Quick and easy and ideal if you’ve sewn for a while but never made a bag before. You can create something really eye-catching with this one.
You might lie to fussy cut your fabrics so your fabric design perfectly matches on the pocket with the body of the bag, or even sew it in different fabrics for contrast. Either way, you won’t be disappointed with the Ethel free sewing pattern.
When you have finished making the Ethel Tote Bag it will measure approximately 9.5″ wide at the top, 13″ wide at the bottom, 5″ deep, and 10″ tall.
What you will need to make the Ethel Tote Bag:
- 2/3 of a yard of 44″ wide quilting weight exterior fabric,
- 3/4 of a yard of 44″ wide quilting weight lining fabric,
- 1-yard of fusible (or sew-in) foam interfacing (Pellon Flex-Foam FF78F1),
- 3-yards of 20″ wide fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101),
- 1/4 of a yard of fusible stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the FREE pattern you can click on the purple button below.
Click here for the FREE pattern
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.