All posts may contain affiliate links.
This awesome designer must have one of the most comprehensive collections of free patterns of any sewing designer there is.
This one is her Perfect DIY Wallet which has the following features:
- The interior has 8 card slots all facing the center of the wallet so your cards won’t fall out,
- A zippered coin pocket,
- Two pockets big enough for flat bills or a cell phone,
- A vinyl pocket (with a snap) that is the right size for a phone or small notebook with paper,
- Two D-ring tabs on my wallet so a cross-body strap can be attached. Alternatively, you could use only one D-ring and attach a wrist strap, or no strap at all.
The designer quilted the exterior of the wallet to give it that luxurious designer look. Four fat quarters were used in total, two for the exterior and two for the interior. You’ll make the strap separately and the designer has a great tutorial on her website for bag and purse straps.
What you will need to make the Perfect DIY Wallet:-
- Two fat quarters of fabric for the wallet exterior,
- Two fat quarters of fabric for the wallet interior,
- A 10’’ by 8’’ piece of flexible foam interfacing like ByAnnie Soft and Stable or fusible fleece interfacing,
- A 3 1/2’’ by 2 1/’2’’ piece of the same stabilizer listed above,
- One zipper, at least 6’’ long,
- One magnetic snap closure,
- Two D-rings with a 1/2’’ opening,
- A 4 1/2’’ by 8’’ piece of vinyl. This can be purchased in the home decor section of the fabric store, from Amazon, or re-purposed from the packaging that bedding, curtains, pet beds, and lots of other things come in,
- A plastic snap for the exterior pocket (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Click here for the free pattern
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
Want more wallet sewing pattern ideas?
If you love sewing wallets but this one isn't quite right for you, then don't worry, we have LOTS more wallet sewing patterns for you to choose from. Check out just a few from our selection here.