The Olivia purse or diaper bag pattern
This is the Olivia Bag and it is not only roomy and functional but it has loads of pockets as well, which means that having one of these bags will give you plenty of opportunities to be super organized.
The Olivia Bag makes a great purse or handbag but can also be a hobo bag or even a fantastic diaper bag with all those pockets. Your girlfriend will love this smart purse as a gift from you – if she’s expecting a baby make sure it has the perfect pockets inside and stuff it full of baby supplies for the perfect baby shower gift. That way she can look super stylish with her custom diaper bag, yet still be carrying everything baby needs.
The Olivia Bag has the following features:
- There are 2 front flap pockets with magnetic catches
- Two elasticized pockets on the side
- A zipper pocket on the back
- The top of your bag closes with a recessed zipper so everything inside is nice and secure
- Inside you will find another zipper pocket and 2 patch pockets as well.
The designer says these bag patterns take a little longer to work through and can be quite challenging and are therefore suitable for the advanced bag maker.
The finished Olivia Bag measures approximately 41cm (16”) by 25cm (10”) by 10cm ( 4”).
What you will need to make the Olivia Bag
- A note from the designer, yardage is meant as a guide and may not be exact
- 90cm (1 Yard) of 140cm (55″) wide home decor weight fabric for the exterior
- 90cm (1 Yard) of 112cm (40″) wide quilting weight fabric for the lining
- 90cm (1 Yard) or 115cm (1¼ yard) of light-mid weight fusible interfacing, if adding interfacing to inside patch pockets & zipper pockets (optional)
- Mid-weight fusible fleece. The designer used Vilene H 640 -50cm (½ Yard)
- Matching Thread
- 10cm by 46cm (4″ by 18″) of heavy Fast2Fuse or similar firm stabilizer for the base such as Peltex.
- Two 11.5cm (4½”) by 12mm (½”) wide elastic pieces for the side pockets
- One 46cm (18″) zipper for the recessed zipper closure (This will be cut down a little during construction)
- One 18cm (7″) zipper for exterior back pocket
- One 23cm (9″) zipper to match your lining for the inside pocket
- Two 18mm (¾”) thin magnetic snaps for front flap pockets
- Four 3.8cm (1½”) Metal Rings for the Straps
- Three 2.5cm (1″) Metal Rings for the flap pockets & front decoration
- One Zipper Pull (optional)
- Eight 6mm (¼”) rivets (optional) for the front strap tabs
- Eight 8mm (4/16″) rivets (optional) for the straps
- Basic sewing supplies
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to purchase the Olivia Bag digital pattern you should click on the link below. The pattern for Olivia has 37 pages of instructions which include 97 step by step colour photos and 21 pattern pieces are included.