All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is the Tula Pleated Bag pdf sewing pattern from the designer Kindred Sewls.
The Tula Bag is a quick project, has some excellent features, and is appropriate for all sewing levels.
Some of the excellent features are as follows:
• Pleated details,
• Magnetic snap closure,
• Interior zippered pouch pocket,
• Interior D-ring or swivel hook for keeping keys handy,
• Slouchy silhouette.
When you have finished making your very own Tula Pleated Bag it will measure approximately 12″ wide at the top by 14″ tall.
What’s needed to make a Tula Pleated Bag:
- ¾ yard piece on exterior fabric (44” wide),
- ¾ yard piece of lining fabric (44” wide),
- 1⅓ yards of Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 or similar – 20” wide),
- One 7” zipper,
- One ¾” Magnetic Snap,
- One 1” D-ring or swivel hook,
- Fabric pen or chalk, ruler, thread, Microtex or denim needle, hand sewing needle, zipper foot,
- If you choose to measure and cut instead of printing all the pattern pieces, then you will need a rotary cutter, gridded ruler, and cutting mat.
For the fabrics, the designer recommends that you use 6-8 oz. Canvas, Denim, or similar for the exterior, and Quilting Weight Cotton for the lining.
The designer points out that heavier fabrics may be used if your machine can handle them. You also have the option of eliminating the fusible interfacing for the exterior pieces. If eliminating exterior interfacing, reduce fusible interfacing requirement to ½ a yard and interface lining pieces only as instructed.
This is a PDF sewing pattern. It includes BOTH a printable sewing pattern and measure and cut instructions. It also includes detailed instructions with professionally drawn illustrations. Pattern pieces can be printed on letter or A4 size paper.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
More ideas for purses and handbags to sew
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.