All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a great sized and styled Crossbody Bag that has been designed to carry just the utmost essentials for the busy woman who needs just a few items while on the go. The Mayla measures 8″ tall by 6″ wide and 2″ deep.
The Mayla Cross Body bag has the following features:-
- The exterior has a zippered pocket for coins, cash, or other small items to keep them secure.
- The interior is surprisingly roomy for such a small bag and is big enough to hold the largest of cell phones.
- An interior slip pocket allows for keeping cards or other items organized.
- A top snap closure keeps your items secure.
- A long strap makes it the ideal go anywhere, take-everywhere essential that you can keep close to your body.
- The Mayla pattern comes with directions on choosing a strap length that is perfect for you, whether you like to carry your bags closely under the arm or prefer a long adjustable crossbody strap.
What you will need to make the Mayla Cross Body Bag:-
- 6″ by 44″ of Quilting Cotton for the main fabric
- One 10″ by 20″ piece of Cork, Vinyl, Leather OR Fat Quarter (Quilting Cotton) for the contrast fabric
- ⅔ yard (2 feet) by 44″ Quilting Cotton for the lining fabric
- ⅔ yard of Fusible Pellon SF 101 or a woven shaping Interfacing
- 6″ of Fusible Décor Bond Pellon 809 Firm Stabilizer
- One Piece 11″ by 16″ of Fusible Fleece
- Two ½” D-rings – check out the resources page for our recommended hardware suppliers
- Two ½” Trigger Hooks
- One Magnetic Snap
- One 7″ Zipper
- Coordinating thread
- Removable Fabric Marker (A Frixion gel pen is recommended as it can be removed by pressing with an iron)
- Microtex (Sharp) Needle 80/12 is recommended for topstitching through the thicker parts.
- Basic sewing supplies and a sewing machine.
Click here to get the pattern
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns
for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
These are our most popular purse and handbag sewing patterns
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.