Serendipity Hipster Bag sewing pattern
This is the Serendipity Hipster Bag sewing pattern. The Serendipity Hip Bag is big in style, and simply perfect for a day out.
It has an adjustable strap and a very cute curved top which gives you that bit of extra room to get into your bag. This lovely bag has a lot of pockets which will help you keep organized and able to have a special place for all your essentials. The main zippered compartment is roomy, providing two card pockets, a slip pocket, and a zippered pocket. The front of the bag has a zippered pocket, a slip pocket, and a phone pocket.
When you have finished making yourself a Serendipity Hip Bag it will measure approximately 8″ (20 cm) wide by 10″ (25 cm) high by 1¾” (4.5 cm) deep.
The designer, Chris W Designs, rates their project as suitable for an intermediate sewer.
What you will need to make the Serendipity Hipster Bag:-
- Please NOTE that yardage is meant as a guide and may not be exact.
- Exterior contrast fabric: 19cm (7 ½”) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric (for bottom band, strap, and strap tab),
- Exterior main fabric: 40cm (16”) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric,
- Lining fabric: 75cm (2/3 Yard”) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric,
- Fusible woven interfacing: Pellon Shape-Flex SF101, 1.83cm (2 yards),
- Fusible fleece: 971F Thermolam Plus – 30cm (12”),
- Matching thread (I have used Aurifil Cotton 40wt),
- One 30cm (12”) dress zipper or longer for the main compartment,
- One 25cm (10”) or longer dress zipper for the Front Zipper Pocket,
- One 25cm (10”) or longer dress zipper for Interior Zipper Pocket,
- One 2cm (3/4”) rectangular slider,
- Two 2cm (3/4”) D rings,
- Two 2cm (3/4”) (eye size) hooks (optional),
- Five 8mm double capped rivets (optional),
- A small amount of craft glue or double-sided tape,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
This lovely pattern comes ready to print out on standard A4 paper OR you can also print on Letter or Foolscap simply by checking the “Disable shrink to fit”, print at 100%, or similar in your printer’s settings. The designer has included full printing instructions.
The pdf pattern for the Serendipity Hip has a full requirements list with suggestions on where to obtain your hardware, 37 pages of comprehensive instructions which include 76 step-by-step colour photos. There are 6 photos of the finished bag on the cover, printing instructions, and test squares to print to check your scale. There are 13 pattern pieces included.
There is also a TEXT ONLY version of the instructions (8 pages) which comes bundled with your pattern for printing purposes, should you not need or wish to print all of the photos! Simply refer to your electronic versions for photos if needed.
Measurements for both Metric and Imperial and seam allowances are included.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.