Traveler Sling Unisex Crossbody Bag sewing pattern
This is a fully illustrated sewing pattern/tutorial for a crossbody sling bag complete with full-scale templates. The pattern includes instructions for a RIGHT handed and LEFT handed version of the pouch, which can be worn over either the right or left shoulder – let’s hear it for the lefties amongst us! As you can see from the photos, the pouch can be worn multiple ways – either across the chest, or back, or on the shoulder. The inclusion of two D rings and swivel hook on the strap mean you can adjust to suit your own preference.
This practical, on-trend body bag has lots of great features that make it the perfect gift for family and friends:-
- A fabulous, compact crossbody bag for daytrips, shopping, or cycling – hands free and VERY secure.
- Easy access zipper pocket at the front, and a larger secure main compartment.
- Tailored, easy-access Phone pocket on the front that will accommodate most phones including the iphone 12.
- Adjustable strap – either webbing tape or fabric or clip-on strap made with fabric.
- Flat, non-bulky design – can be worn under a jacket for ultimate security.
- Fantastic unisex style – the perfect partner gift for any age/gender/size!
Skill level: intermediate: ideally you’ll have made some bags already, and have experience of sewing curves, working with zippers and stitching multiple layers of fabric. The instructions comprise of a very detailed photo tutorial that guides you through every step of the process, with color photos illustrating each step along the way.
Finished dimensions – 9″ wide (at widest point) by 12¾″ high (at highest point).
When you purchase this listing, you will receive 4 PDF files automatically:-
- Instructions booklet for Right-Hand Version – 21 pages.
- Instructions booklet for Left-Hand Version – 21 pages.
- Professionally drawn templates for Right-Hand Version.
- Professionally drawn templates for Left-Hand Version.
The Pattern written in ENGLISH only, and all measurements are in inches.
MATERIALS AND HARDWARE REQUIRED:
- Exterior Fabric – 1 FQ (22” by 18”) or ½ yard to include fabric strap,
- Lining Fabric (42” wide) – ½ yard,
- Fusible woven Interfacing Vilene G700 (36” wide) – 1 FQ (22” by 18”) or ½ yard to include the fabric strap
- OR Pellon Shapeflex SF101 (20” wide) – ¾ yard or 1yard to include the fabric strap,
- Fusible Fleece Interlining (20” wide) – 1 piece – 12” by 15”,
- Two regular 8” zippers (#5)(1” wide). #5 zipper tape by the yd can be used instead – ½ yard (2 by 9” pieces) plus two zipper pulls,
- 1½ yards of webbing tape** (max 2 mm thickness is best) – Quantity based on average size adult – increase or reduce the length according to your own requirements,
- **If you don’t want to use webbing tape, instructions are given for making a fabric strap.
- One rectangular ring, one swivel clip, and one strap slider- all size 1½”,
- Two ¾” D rings,
- One ½” press fastener for phone pocket tab,
- One piece of leather strap for phone pocket tab – 1” by 3” (instructions are given for making a fabric tab),
- Optional : One piece of leather lace (or cord) 6” for the front zipper pocket pull.
Please note that this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download it immediately after check out.
If you would like to download the pdf pattern you can click on the blue button below.
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
More Crossbody Bags to sew
For versatility, you can't beat a crossbody bag. Easy to wear, fun to sew, and a wardrobe essential. Everyone needs a few of these in their sewing pattern collection. Check out a few recent crossbody bag patterns to sew from our store.