All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Boardwalk Bucket Bag is a beautiful bag that comes in two sizes, small and large and has pockets galore! The combinations are endless on this soon-to-be-a-staple pattern. Dress it up in monochrome colors or sew it with a fun fabric, the choice is all yours. It works great in all fabrics for a casual or more upmarket style.
There are lots of options and choices on this bag including two different sizes, pocket options, strap connections and grommets and for the body of the bag itself. The options included in this pattern are as follows:
• Body of the bag – Pleated, Darts, or Straight.
• Closure – Magnetic Snaps or Recessed Zipper Closure.
• Pockets – Double Welt Pocket or Zippered Pocket (Exterior or Lining placement).
• Connectors – Grommets or Low-Profile Connectors.
For your fabrics, make it in all vinyl, all fabric, mix and match the two, or even add cork accents.
The designer describes her project as suitable for Advanced Beginners.
When you have finished making yourself one or both of these bags they will measure approximately:-
Small = 14″ wide by 11¼” high by 6″ deep.
Large = 16½” wide by 12½” high by 6″ deep.
The designer recommends various fabrics as follows: home décor fabric, pliable vinyl or quilting cotton for the exterior fabric. Cork or vinyl is recommended for the accent fabric, quilting cotton for the lining.
What fabric & woven interfacing will you need:-
- (measurements are approximate and don’t account for directional and/or fussy cutting)
- Exterior fabric: small – ½ yard, large – ½ yard.
- Lining fabric: small – 2/3 yard, large – ¾ yard.
- Accent fabric: small – 1/3 yard, large – 1/3 yard.
- Woven interfacing (20” wide) – 2¼ yards.
- Plus hardware – see the pattern for details.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. The pattern includes:
- Full-sized pattern pieces,
- Table of Contents page,
- A Cutting List (to use instead of the included rectangular pattern pieces – to save the trees!),
- Colorful and clear diagrams for most steps,
- Small notes section on each page,
- Additional A0 Copy-shop files (1 for Small and 1 for Large),
- Labels to keep track of your cut pieces.
Click here to get the pattern
Other patterns by this designer
More ideas for purses and handbags to sew
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.