All posts may contain affiliate links.
The 2 in 1 Backpack is an easy project for beginner seamstresses who wants to learn sewing by making a great backpack, which can also be used as a shoulder bag, or tote bag.
Its design is built on the classic Drawstring Backpack model, with a twist in the design and the straps logic that makes it usable both as a backpack and a shoulder bag.
In less than two hours you will create a beautiful and useful bag that you can use to carry your loved things when going out on spring/summer days. Beach bag, backpack, shoulder bag, purse, it is a flexible model that lets you choose how to use it.
Width: 33 cm (12.9″).
Height: 43 cm (16.9″).
- Outer fabric: a piece of at least 50 cm (40″) by 100 cm (40″),
- Lining fabric: a piece of at least 50 cm (40″) by 100 cm (40″),
- Body Interfacing: Midweight iron-on interfacing 83 gr/m – 50 cm (19.6″) by 100 cm (39.4″),
- Handles Interfacing: Heavyweight iron-on interfacing 250 gr/m – 15 cm (5.9″) by 15cm (5.9″),
- Six Eyelets: the designer used Prymm 541 370 – 0.11 mm (0.4″),
- Straps: Cotton rope, 0.9 mm – 140 cm (55.1″),
- A hammer.
You will download two 23 pages of PDFs:
– Oyama 2 in 1 Backpack Sewing Pattern in A4.
– Oyama 2 in 1 Backpack Sewing Pattern in US Letter.
Included in the package:
– step-by-step instructions with pictures.
– pattern to print out.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here to get the pattern
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
See all the patterns from this designer here