All posts may contain affiliate links.
With the Norah Handbag sewing pattern, as an advanced beginner sewer or above, you can create your own beautiful everyday purse. Norah is a classic shaped tote bag purse to sew, in just the right size, and with all those essential features that make her perfect to carry no matter where you are going today.
The Norah Handbag has the following special features:
- Two exterior slip pockets.
- One exterior zipper pocket.
- One interior slip pocket.
- A magnetic snap closure.
When you have finished making the Norah Handbag it will measure approximately 10″ wide by 10″ tall by 5” deep.
What you will need to make Norah Handbag
- ½ yard of fabric for the main exterior.
- ¼ yard of fabric for the exterior bottom and handles.
- ¾ yard of fabric for the lining.
- 2¼ yards of SF 101 interfacing or other medium weight fusible interfacing of your choice.
- ½ yard of interlining fabric (solid colored denim, or duck canvas).
- One 6” long metal or nylon zipper.
- One 16mm or 18mm magnetic snap closure.
- Eight 6-8 mm rivets (optional).
Love it or hate it, this is a measure and cut pattern meaning all pattern pieces are cut using cutting mat, rotary cutter and ruler. No templates are needed to make this bag.
If you would like to try out the Norah Handbag pattern then you should click on the link below. You will then be able to download ten pages of clear, easy to follow step by step instructions and color photos to make this bag.
Click here to get the pattern
Find all the patterns from this designer
Find even more Tote Bag Sewing Patterns here
Do you want lots more tote bag sewing pattern ideas? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite tote bag sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.