All posts may contain affiliate links.
If you want to make a fantastic bag for your yoga mat then we have this great pattern from Sew Hungry Hippie. Be the envy of your yoga and fitness class with your own custom-sewn and designed bag for your exercise mat.
Pick the sort of fabric that reflects your style and personality, or pick something bright and energetic for aerobics, or something calming for a stretch class. Save the planet with an eco-friendly recycled fabrics version, or use up your scraps with a patchwork design.
The designer has given you a pattern to sew a zippered yoga bag with three different version possibilities, depending on your time and skill level.
This bag features:
- Two zippered security pockets
- An adjustable strap
- A large main body zipper opening
- Optional closed ends
- And an optional vinyl add on.
The Bliss Yoga bag may be sewn with quilting cotton, canvas, duck cloth, ripstop, vinyl, cork, leather, faux leather, PU leather, and more.
When finished the bag measures approximately 6.5″ in diameter by 27″ long.
The designer writes her patterns with step-by-step photos, directions, diagrams, and digital illustrations so everyone has a successful experience. There is video support on the designer’s blog where she will help you walk through the adjustable strap and the optional vinyl add on. All of her patterns go through three rounds of testing by testers with varying levels of sewing experience, including beginner to advanced.
What you will need to make the Bliss Yoga Bag
- 1 1/2 yards of the main fabric
- 1-yard of lining fabric
- 1/2 yard of contrasting fabric for the pockets
- 2 1/2 yards of SF101 woven interfacing
- 1-yard of fusible fleece or foam interfacing
- 10 to 20 gauge vinyl for the circular top piece (optional)
- One main zipper 28″ long
- Two-pocket zippers each 8″ long
- Two 1 1/2″ metal D-rings
- One 1 1/2″ wide adjustable buckle (optional)
- One package of double fold extra wide bias tape
- Webbing can be used for the strap for a faster strap option. The designer prefers 1 1/4″ wide cotton webbing, as it is stronger and thicker than polyester strapping.
- Basic Sewing supplies
- A sewing machine.
Get the Yoga Bag pattern here