All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here is an absolutely fantastic pdf sewing pattern to make a perfect beach carry-all Tote Bag named the Sophia Swim Tote.
The great thing about Sophia is that she can be worn like a backpack with a towel tucked under the handles because of its fully adjustable one-piece design. A pleated pocket outside and a large hanging zippered pocket inside keep small items secure. It’s a really innovative design that we think you’ll enjoy.
Plus you simply can’t go wrong because this is a Swoon pattern – one of our favorite sewing pattern designers.
When you have finished making your own Sophia Swim Tote Bag it will measure approximately 18″ tall by 18″ wide by 5″ deep.
What you will need to make the Sophia Swim Tote:-
- 1-1/4 yards of 44″ wide quilting or home decor weight exterior fabric,
- 1 yard of 44″ wide woven or vinyl contrasting fabric,
- 1-1/2 yards of 44 wide quilting weight cotton lining fabric,
- 4 yards of fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101),
- 1 yard of fusible fleece interfacing (Pellon Thermolam TP971F),
- 1/4 yard of fusible stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F),
- Four 1″ rectangle rings,
- Four 1″ grommets (optional),
- Two magnetic snaps,
- One 14″ all-purpose zipper,
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabritac) (optional),
- Erasable marking pen,
- Coordinating thread,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here for the pattern
More Tote Bags to sew
Everyone needs (a lot) more than one tote bag. They are a staple pattern in every sewing pattern collection and so versatile and adaptable. Check out a few recent tote bag patterns to sew from our store.