All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here is an absolutely fantastic sewing pattern to make a perfect beach carry-all Tote Bag named the Sophia Swim Tote.
The great thing about Sophia is that not only is she a roomy and sturdy tote bag, but she can be worn like a backpack with a towel tucked under the handles because of its fully adjustable one-piece convertible design.
A pleated pocket outside and a large hanging zippered pocket inside keep small items secure. It’s a really innovative design that we think you’ll enjoy.
Plus you simply can’t go wrong because this is a Swoon pattern – one of our favorite sewing pattern designers. You can always be assured of an accurately drawn pattern that fits together perfectly, clearly written instructions, and full support from the Facebook chat group if you have a question.
When you have finished making your own Sophia Swim Tote Bag it will measure approximately 18″ tall by 18″ wide by 5″ deep.
Plenty large enough for taking everything to the beach or pool, or just for a busy day around town. We love how the convertible straps allow you to carry this handy bag as a backpack. Carry all the towels, beach toys, a picnic and swimsuits in the bag on your back, and there will be no problem carrying the beach chairs in either hand – Moms everywhere!
What you will need to make the Sophia Swim Tote:-
- 1-1/4 yards of 44″ wide quilting or home decor weight exterior fabric,
- 1 yard of 44″ wide woven or vinyl contrasting fabric,
- 1-1/2 yards of 44 wide quilting weight cotton lining fabric,
- 4 yards of fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101),
- 1 yard of fusible fleece interfacing (Pellon Thermolam TP971F),
- 1/4 yard of fusible stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F),
- Four 1″ rectangle rings,
- Four 1″ grommets (optional),
- Two magnetic snaps,
- One 14″ all-purpose zipper,
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabritac) (optional),
- Erasable marking pen,
- Coordinating thread,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here for the pattern
Even more tote bag sewing patterns you won't be able to resist
Want even more tote bag sewing patterns? These are the top best selling tote bag patterns in our store. Take a look at the tote bag category on our shop page for even more!