Lucy Backpack sewing patternwith video
This is the Lucy Backpack pdf sewing pattern from the designer SWOON Sewing Patterns.
Inspired by mini backpack purses of the 90’s, Lucy features three pockets with a roomy interior.
Grommets are optional and instructions are included to make a drawstring casing.
Choose either an adjustable zippered strap which converts from a one shoulder strap to a two shoulder strap, or two separate adjustable straps.
Video sewalong available
A 5 part video sewalong for the Lucy Backpack is available to watch here.
When you have finished making your very own Lucy Backpack it will measure approximately 11” wide by 14” tall by 5.5” deep.
The designer has her own unique way of rating the difficulty level of her sewing projects. She rates this one as 3/4. She says you should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
What’s needed to make a Lucy Backpack:
- ⅔ yard of 44″ wide woven quilting weight exterior fabric,
- 1½ yards of 44″ wide quilting weight lining fabric,
- 3½ yards of fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101),
- ⅓ yard of fusible fleece interfacing (Pellon Thermolam TP971F),
- ⅓ yard of fusible firm stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F),
- Eight ⅜” grommets and setting tools (optional),
- Four 1″ D-rings and two 1″ strap slides,
- One 14″ nylon coil handbag zipper (optional; for Convertible Backpack Straps),
- One 11″ all-purpose nylon coil zipper (Back Pocket),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pdf pattern you can click on the blue button below.