All posts may contain affiliate links.
If you make the Lattice Clutch Bag pattern you’ll have options galore. You
can sew your own woven clutch purse, with three fun variations in the same
The Lattice Clutch is an easy-to-sew clutch with a lot of style. It is can
be made in three versions, the Basic version, the Woven version, or the
Gathered version, and there are two flap shapes. Instructions for adding a
strap or wristlet and three different pocket options are also included.
- Three different versions for the body of the bag – the Basic, the Woven or the Gathered
- Two different flap shapes – rounded or squared off
- Clutch bag, shoulder bag or wristlet bag styles
- Three different pocket options offered
- Mix and match all the options and variations for SO many different looks
This is a great basic pattern that can easily be either casual or formal
depending on your fabric choice or embellishments.
The Lattice Clutch is suitable for beginner bag-makers and when finished
will measure approximately 10.5” (26.7 cm) long by 5.5” (14 cm) tall by 2.5” (6.4
What you will need to make the Lattice Clutch Bag
- Amounts depend on which of the 3 variations you choose,
- 1/3 to 3/4 yard of 44″ wide exterior fabric,
- 1/3 yard of 44″ wide interior fabric. Add another 1/4 yard for pockets,
- 1/3 yard of 20″ wide of fusible fleece interfacing,
- 1/3 to 2/3 yard of 20″ wide lightweight woven fusible interfacing. Add another 1/3 yard for pockets,
- 1/3 yard of 20″ wide foam interfacing,
- One magnetic snap,
- One 6″ (#3) long zipper (optional),
- Optional wristlet and strap hardware,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The pattern includes 19 pages of instructions, with detailed diagrams. There are 12 pages of the printable pattern, but only 2 pages are required to be printed because there is also a cut chart if you prefer not to use paper pieces for the square and rectangle pieces. Pattern instructions are given in both inches and centimeters and can be printed on letter or A4 paper.
You can add this highly versatile clutch bag pattern to your collection by clicking on the link below.
Click here to get the pattern
See all the patterns from this designer
Want to find more wallet sewing patterns? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite wallet sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.