Levi Utility Bag sewing pattern
This is the Levi Utility Bag pdf sewing pattern from the designer SWOON Sewing Patterns.
Levi is a small bag with enormous space! This bag is made of heavy duty duck cloth, with four main outer pockets and a huge main compartment. At 14″ wide, it’s great as a tool bag or project bag. It also has a very large zippered opening and is reinforced to carry heavy objects.
This bag could also be described as a duffel bag, or a duffle bag (depending where you come from), or a kitbag, or a holdall. No matter what you call it, this bag can carry it all. Going to the gym, the beach, away for a weekend? The Levi is the ideal bag for you. Not fussy and fancy, just packed with everything you need, and all the features you need in a bag too. Take it on the plane to slip under the seat in front of you!
When finished the Levi Utility Bag measures approximately 14″ (35.6 cm) wide by 10½” (26.7 cm) tall by 8″ (20.3 cm) deep.
On her own original difficulty level ranking the designer has classified this sewing pattern as 2 out of 4. She says you should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
What’s needed to make a Levi Utility Bag:
- 1 yard (0.91 m) of 44” (111.8 cm) wide heavy duck cloth/canvas,
- 1/2 yard (0.46 m) of 44” (111.8 cm) wide lining fabric, quilting cotton or nylon,
- 1 yard (0.91 m) of light to midweight interfacing,
- 1/2 yard (0.46 m) if fusible Pellon Peltex 71F,
- 30” (0.76 m) of heavy-duty zipper (or longer),
- 4 yards (3.7 m) of 1” (25 mm) webbing,
- 1½ yards (1.37 m) of 1½” (38 mm) webbing,
- Four 1” (25 mm) D-rings / tri-loops,
- Two 1½” (38 mm) swivel snaps,
- Two 1” (25 mm) trigger snaps,
- 5 yards (4.6 m) of double fold bias tape,
- Coordinating thread (to match bias tape),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pdf pattern you can click on the blue button below.