All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s the Linette Business Bag sewing pattern, a smart portfolio purse from Swoon Patterns that is great for the office and taking to work. If you make yourself one of these you’ll be heading to your meetings (or classroom) in style.
- a slim profile,
- smart styling,
- zippered dividing pocket inside,
- a secure zippered top,
- a flat base,
- contrasting design details which can be added in fabric or vinyl,
- and generous size, which makes her the ideal bag for your folders, books, and laptop.
When you have finished making yourself a Linette Business Bag it will measure approximately 17″ wide by 12″ tall by 4″ deep.
On her difficulty level from one to four the designer rates this project as a two. You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
What is needed to make Linette Business Bag:-
- 1/2 a yard of 44” wide quilting weight exterior fabric,
- 2/3 of a yard of 44” wide woven or vinyl contrasting fabric,
- 1 1/8 yards of 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric,
- 3 1/2 yards of fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101),
- 1 1/2 yards of fusible web (Wonder Under 805),
- 1 1/2 yards of foam interfacing (Pellon Flex-Foam FF77),
- 1/4 of a yard of fusible stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F),
- Four 1” rectangle rings,
- Two 1” strap slides (Backpack only),
- One 16”-18” all-purpose zipper (Main Zipper),
- One 12” all-purpose zipper (Pocket Divider),
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabritac) (optional),
- Erasable marking pen,
- Coordinating thread,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Click here to get the pattern