Zoey Zips Pouch sewing pattern
March 7, 2021 | All bag patterns, Zipper bags | No Comments|
All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is the Zoey Zips Pouch sewing pattern. You can stitch up these adorable zip pouches with basket-style handles.
They are a quick and easy project that means you’ll be done in no time! They are perfect for a pencil case, sewing notions, treasures, and more.
The designer rates her project as suitable for an intermediate sewer. It’s a rotary cut project, so there are no pattern pieces included.
There are two sizes of the pouch, which measure approximately:-
- Small = 7½” long by 2½” high by 2″ deep.
- Large = 9½” long by 3½” high by 2″ deep.
The Zoey Zips Pouch has the following features:-
- Easy zipper installation,
- A trick to trim and secure zipper ends,
- Basket-style zip handles,
- Manage directional fabric,
- 80+ color photos and illustrations,
- Presser foot and stitch recommendations,
- Pressing and finishing tips,
- Pattern tested for the accuracy and quality you expect from Lazy Girl Designs.
What you will need to make a Zoey Zips Pouch:-
- Small = 1″ squares. Large = 3″ squares.
- Two squares of 100% cotton quilting weight fabric,
- One square of fusible fleece, polyester, medium loft,
- One square of lightweight woven 100% cotton fusible interfacing, Face-It Soft by Lazy Girl Designs recommended,
- One zipper, all-purpose, polyester, YKK brand recommended. Small = 14″ minimum, Large = 16″ minimum. Note zipper lengths are minimums. A longer zipper is nice to give you more room to work with when attaching handles, but will result in a little unused zipper length.
- 3″ by 5″ piece of template plastic or an index card,
- Size 70/10 or 80/12 Schmetz brand Universal or Microtex machine needle,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the light blue button below.