All posts may contain affiliate links.
We’ve found another FREE pdf pattern which we think you will love, it’s called the Alice Shopper Tote from Swoon patterns.
Alice is an easy-to-sew large tote bag featuring an exterior open pocket with magnetic snap, with a unique shape that lets a bit of contrasting fabric peek out of the bag. There is also a simple patch pocket inside and the straps are long enough for you to carry Alice over your shoulder.
Alice is aimed at the beginner sewer and her approximate final size is 17″ wide by 14″ tall by 5″ deep.
What you will need to make the Alice Shopper Tote:-
- 1/2 a yard of 44” wide woven quilting cotton exterior fabric,
- 2/3 of a yard of 44” wide quilting cotton or a vinyl contrasting fabric,
- 1-yard of 44” wide quilting cotton lining fabric,
- 4-yards of fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101),
- 2/3 of a yard of fusible fleece,
- 1/8 of a yard of fusible stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F),
- One magnetic snap,
- Coordinating thread,
- Fabric glue (we love Fabri-tac) (Optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the purple button below.
Click here for the FREE pattern
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
More Tote Bags to sew
Everyone needs (a lot) more than one tote bag. They are a staple pattern in every sewing pattern collection and so versatile and adaptable. Check out a few recent tote bag patterns to sew from our store.