All posts may contain affiliate links.
This has surely got to be one of the best patterns ever for fabric storage baskets. There are two sizes in the same pattern, a drawstring top and even a zipper pocket to make it easy to find small items!
This is the Juniper Basket, a super handy fabric basket with a zipper pocket on the outside, slip pocket on the inside, two sturdy carrying handles and a fabulously handy drawstring closure on top.
These baskets can be used in so many ways around the home for storage, and you’ll especially love to sew them for your crafting space.
These baskets would also make great gift ideas too. Make one in a pretty print and fill it full of goodies for a baby shower, wedding gift or housewarming idea.
The designer rates her project as suitable for an advanced beginner sewer.
When you have finished making your very own baskets they will measure approximately:-
- Small = 9″ wide by 7″ tall by 6″ deep.
- Large = 11″ wide by 8½” tall by 7″ deep.
What you will need to make these baskets:-
- 1/2 a yard of fabric A for the main exterior of the bag,
- 1/4 of a yard fabric B for the drawstring closure and the handles,
- 3/4 of a yard of fabric C for the lining,
- 1/2 a yard of fusible fleece (the designer uses Pellon 987F),
- 1 yard of SF101 interfacing (or other medium weight fusible interfacing of choice),
- One 7″ long metal or nylon zipper,
- Two 36″ long cotton cord or ribbon,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
This pattern includes ten pages of clear, easy to follow step by step instructions and color photos to make these drawstring baskets. Please note, this is a “measure and cut pattern” meaning all pattern pieces are cut using a cutting mat, rotary cutter, and ruler. No printed templates are needed to make this bag.
Click here to get the pattern
Click here for all this designers patterns
We think you'll like these patterns for storage and organizers to sew
We know our readers just love to sew storage and organizer projects so we've got lots of them. We've handpicked some of our favorites to feature in our pattern store. These are some of the most popular that are readers are sewing now!