All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a great pattern for a beginner sewer, for a quick and easy sew, to make you this adorable Stand Up Clutch bag. And the great news is the Stand Up Clutch comes in three sizes (small, medium and large) which enables you to make a clutch to suit any and every occasion.
This pattern really gives you a lot of great features, details as follows:-
- It has a simple magnetic snap closure,
- An outer pocket on both the front and back,
- An inner slip pocket,
- Optional handles,
- And is ideal for you to use up some of your scraps.
The finished sizes of each of the Stand Up Clutch bags are as follows:-
- Small – 5 1/4″ wide at the base by 5 3/4″ high by 2″ deep.
- Medium – 6″ wide at the base by 6 3/4″ high by 2″ deep.
- Large – 6 1/2″ wide at the base by 7 1/2″ high by 2″ deep.
What you will need to make The Stand Up Clutch Bag:-
- Up to 22″ x 9″ quilting cotton fabric for the outer pieces,
- Up to 1/4 yard quilting cotton fabric for the outer pockets,
- Up to 3/8 yard quilting cotton fabric for the lining and slip pocket,
- Up to 8″ x 16″ quilting cotton fabric for the handles,
- Up to 1 3/8 yard (based on a 20″ width) of light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101),
- Up to 23″ x 10″ of Annie’s Soft and Stable OR Fusible fleece,
- 1 1/2″ x 3″ of firm fusible stabiliser (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex),
- One 3/4″ size magnetic snap,
- Coordinating thread, scissors, basic sewing supplies and a sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern
This one wasn't quite right for you? What about these instead?
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a sample selection you might like. Check them all out in our shop.