The Cecelia Bag Sewing Pattern
Oh my goodness! How pretty is this bag? The Cecelia bag is one of this designers most popular bag patterns. This intermediate sewers project is an absolute delight, and ideal for quilters and those who enjoy sewing with scraps or patchwork.
It’s the perfect pattern for using your favorite small pieces of fabric, but don’t forget, you can also create it in a single fabric too if you prefer something plainer.
It’s a multifunctional bag which keeps everything in its place by having four exterior pockets and one interior pocket. It has two short handles for easy carrying by hand, as well as an adjustable, removable strap for carrying on the shoulder or as a crossbody bag.
The Cecelia Bag has the following features:
- Two exterior pockets with elasticized tops
- One exterior large pocket with a magnetic closure
- One exterior zipper pocket
- One interior large divided pocket
- Two short handles for easy carrying
- An adjustable, removable strap.
In order to make the Cecelia Bag (besides your favorite quilting cotton fabric) you will need the following hardware:
- One 1 1/2″ rectangle ring and slider
- Two 1 1/2″ Purse Clips
- Three Sew-in magnetic snaps
- Two 1″ D-Rings
Check out our resources page for links to our favorite hardware suppliers.
When finished this awesome bag will measure approximately 14″ tall by 14″ wide by 5″ deep.