Infinity Crossbody Bag sewing pattern
The Infinity bag is a subtly elegant crossbody bag that delivers refined sophistication for every day. Thoroughly modern with a smart-casual feel, the Infinity crossbody bag is a highly useful, subtly luxurious crossbody bag.
It’s perfect for the days when you want to go hands-free, the Infinity Crossbody bag makes a classy daily companion this season and beyond!
The Infinity Crossbody Bag has the following features:-
- Unique front infinity accent,
- Gusset with subtle piping,
- Classy strap connector,
- Two strap options: chain strap or buckle strap,
- Back slip and snap pocket,
- Zippered top opening,
- Interior slip pocket,
- Interior zippered pocket.
When you have finished making yourself an Infinity Crossbody Bag it will measure approximately 8¼” wide by 8½” high by 2⅜” deep.
The designer rates her project as suitable for an intermediate sewer. You will need to have the following sewing skills – basic sewing skills, familiarity with sewing patterns, be able to sew curved seams, be able to install a zipper. Depending on your sewing skills the designer has produced two pattern versions, see the note near the end of this post.
Want to see this bag being made?
There is a 1-hour 38 minute sew a long YouTube video for this pattern from Seams Legit, which you can view below:-
What you will need to make an Infinity Crossbody Bag:-
- Note – measurements are approximate and don’t account for directional or fussy cutting,
- ½ a yard of exterior fabric,
- ½ a yard of contrasting fabric,
- ¾ of a yard of lining fabric,
- 3 yards of fusible medium weight woven interfacing,
- ¾ of a yard of foam interfacing,
- ¼ of a yard of a lightweight stabilizer such as Decovil Light or Cordura or similar,
- 20” long 1.8 mm piping cord (optional),
- One Magnetic Snap Button,
- One 10” long #5 all-purpose zipper,
- One 8” long #5 or #3 zipper,
- One metal zipper end (Optional),
- Double cap rivets or Chicago screws,
- Rivet setting tools
- Strap Option 1: Buckle Strap: Two ¾” wide D-rings, One ¾” wide buckle with prong, Two ¾” wide swivel clasps, ¾” Metal strap ends (Optional),
- Strap Option 2: Chain Strap: Four ¾” wide D-rings, 1 yard of bag chain, Pliers for bag chain,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Depending on your sewing skills the designer has produced two pattern versions, as follows:-
- For beginner and intermediate level sewists: The Long Version of the pattern includes 65 pages of concise step-by-step instructions with colour photographs to help you through each step. The pattern also comprises printable pattern pieces (last 15 pages) including rectangular pattern pieces. All pattern pieces include a seam allowance.
- For advanced sewists: The Short Version of the pattern includes 37 pages of step-by-step instructions with colour photographs. The pattern also comprises printable pattern pieces including rectangular pattern pieces. All pattern pieces include a seam allowance.
You can download the pattern by clicking on the light blue button below.
The designer, A Quaint Stitch, has lots of other great bag sewing patterns which you can see by clicking on the red button below.
See all the patterns from this designer here
More Crossbody Bags to sew
For versatility, you can't beat a crossbody bag. Easy to wear, fun to sew, and a wardrobe essential. Everyone needs a few of these in their sewing pattern collection. Check out a few recent crossbody bag patterns to sew from our store.