All posts may contain affiliate links.
With the Laura Purse sewing pattern, you can create your own beautiful drawstring purse. It’s a wonderfully roomy everyday purse that will fit all your necessities and there’s still room for a few extras. Laura has one interior zipper pocket, one interior slip pocket, and a super fun drawstring closure.
When you have finished making your very own Laura Purse it will measure approximately 12” wide by 12.5” tall by 5” deep.
What you will need to make a Laura Purse:-
- Fabric requirements are based on 42” wide fabric,
- Fabric A (main exterior fabric) – ½ yard,
- Fabric B (contrasting exterior fabric) – ½ yard,
- Fabric C (lining) – ½ yard,
- Interlining fabric (canvas, denim, or some other heavier weight fabric) to make your bag sturdier – ½ yard,
- SF 101 interfacing (or other medium weight fusible interfacing of choice) – 2 ½ yards,
- One 8” long metal or nylon zipper,
- Twelve 3/8” grommets or 7/16” extra-wide eyelets,
- Two 1 ¼” D-rings,
- Two 1 ¼” swivel lobster hooks.
If you like what you see and decide to buy and download this purse pattern then you’ll receive thirteen pages of clear, easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions and color photos. Please note, this is a MEASURE AND CUT PATTERN meaning all pattern pieces are cut using a cutting mat, rotary cutter, and ruler. No printed templates are needed to make this bag.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here for the pattern
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
See all the patterns from this designer here
This one wasn't quite right for you? What about these instead?
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a sample selection you might like. Check them all out in our shop.