All posts may contain affiliate links.
When we add a Hobo Bag to our website they are always very popular. We think you must all like this sort of casual and easy to sew purse that you can use every day.
This is the Kitty Rose Hobo Bag which is a stylish and curved bag. This pattern includes patterns for three different sizes, all in the same pattern. You can see examples in the photo below of the three sizes for this bag, and decide which is the best one for you depending on how much you need to carry.
Maybe sew up the larger bag for when going to work or being busy during the week, and then a smaller size for date night or a quick run to the shop at the weekend.
This awesome hobo bag has a zippered top and plenty of pockets. In fact, the designer has given you lots of choices there. She has included instructions for two different top zipper options and several different types of interior pockets so that you can get just the right pocket configuration inside and out.
This pattern is best for intermediate sewers who are comfortable with sewing zippers.
When you have finished making the Kitty Rose Hobo Bag each of them will measure approximately:
- Small Bag = 9” (23cm) long by 5.5” (14cm) tall by 3” (7.5cm) deep, with approximately an 11” (28cm) purse drop
- Medium Bag = 12.5” (32cm) long by 8” (20cm) tall by 4.5” (11.5cm) deep, with approximately a 13” (33cm) purse drop
- Large Bag = 16” (40.5cm) long by 9” (23cm) tall by 6” (15cm) deep, with approximately a 15” (38cm) purse drop.
In each case the strap length is customizable.
If you would like to give this pattern a try, you will be able to download 36 pages of instructions, with detailed diagrams and a photo tutorial. The small pattern has 9 pages, the medium pattern 14 pages and the large pattern 19 pages.
What you will need to make the Kitty Rose Hobo Bag
- Exterior and interior fabrics
- Fusible Fleece interfacing
- Lightweight woven fusible interfacing
- Foam interfacing
- Two handbag zippers for the exterior and one zipper for the interior
- Two 1.25-1.5″ (32-38mm) O, D, or rectangular rings
- Basic sewing supplies
- A sewing machine
- Click through to the pattern to see exactly what measurements are required for each of the three sizes of bag.
Click here for the pattern
See all the patterns by this designer here
These are our most popular purse and handbag sewing patterns
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.