Iris Zipper Pouch (3 sizes) sewing pattern
Here’s a cute set of three different sized triangle-shaped zipper bags with a flat base. Now’s your chance to sew these Iris Zipper Pouches which are ideal for cosmetics, pens and pencils, hobby supplies, and more.
Each of the pouches is lined with no raw edges or binding, and have a zipper closure. This pattern uses continuous zipper tape and zipper tabs at the ends.
Sizing information (Height by Width by Length):–
• Small = 7cm x 6cm x 15cm / 2.7″ x 2.3″ x 5.9″
• Medium = 9cm x 8cm x 19cm / 3.5″ x 3.1″ x 7.4″
• Large = 10cm x 10cm x 23cm / 3.9″ x 3.9″ x 9″
The designer, Molko, rates her project as suitable for beginner to confident beginner sewers. Basic sewing techniques and sewing machine knowledge would be helpful but she will help you along the way with clear instructions and photographs.
Materials needed (see the pattern for full details):–
- Exterior fabric. Recommended – Cotton, Cotton-Canvas, Waxed Canvas, Oil Cloth, Quilting Cotton, Upholstery/Curtain Fabric,
- Lining fabric. Recommended – Quilting Cotton, 2oz-4oz PU Coated Nylon Waterproof Fabric,
- Fusible interfacing. Recommended – Non-Woven = Vliseline H250 or Pellon 809. Woven = Pellon SF101, Vliseline G700.
- One #5 zipper. For a beginner sewer, the designer recommends nylon zips as they are easier to work with. She uses using silver/gold tone nylon zips which are easier and cheaper but give the illusion of metal zips,
- Leather zip pull (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The pattern includes:-
• Easy to follow step-by-step instructions with lots of color photos to guide you along the way.
• Full-size, computer drawn patterns with seam allowances included.
• Includes both US letter size and A4 paper size.
• Dimensions in both Imperial and Metric.
• A detailed breakdown of the materials you need to create this project.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.