All posts may contain affiliate links.
As soon as you see this very distinctive style of bag and presentation you know immediately who this amazing designer is and that she got her inspiration for the bag from the fashions of the 1940’s. We love the patterns from Charlies Aunt.
This is a digital sewing pattern for The Blickling Bag, named after the UK’s Norfolk village and historic stately home.
The Blickling Bag, which is ideally made up in a combination of two toning fabrics, has the following features:
- It is practically sized
- It has simple asymmetrical styling
- It is made with darted corners
- It has a template and instructions for an interior patch pocket
- It can be fashioned with a self-fabric strap (template included in the pattern) or by attaching a purchased strap.
When finished The Blicking Bag’s approximate finished dimensions are 8” (20cm) high by 13” (33cm) wide by 2” (5cm) deep at the base with a strap finished length of 36” (92cm).
What you will need to make the Blickling Bag
- ½ yard (50cm) exterior fabric for the bag back, lower front and strap
- ¼ yard (68cm) exterior fabric for the bag upper front and flap
- 1/3 yard (30cm) lining fabric for the bag lining and one interior pocket
- ½ yard (50cm) sew-in craft interfacing for the bag body and upper flap
- ½ yard (50cm) fusible interfacing for the under flap, interior pocket and strap
- One magnetic snap set
- One or two buttons approx. 2” (50mm) diameter for the flap
- Thread to match the fabrics
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern
This one wasn't quite right for you? What about these instead?
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a sample selection you might like. Check them all out in our shop.