Iris Mini Crossbody Bag FREE sewing pattern
The Iris Crossbody bag FREE sewing pattern is an adorable mini statement bag that is a perfect accompaniment to your wardrobe. The Iris is a quick and easy sewing pattern suitable for beginners.
Crafted with a minimalist design, this compact bag is finished with an interior zipper pocket, a front flap with a magnetic snap closure and a detachable, adjustable strap
– Front flap with a magnetic snap closure,
– Interior zippered pocket,
– Adjustable crossbody strap,
– Projector & Copy Shop files included.
9″ wide by 7″ high by 2.25″ deep.
– Basic sewing skills,
– Familiarity with sewing patterns,
– Installing a zipper,
– Installing a magnetic snap button.
Below in a short video you can see pictures of the bags the designer’s tester made.
- ½ yard (50 cm) of exterior fabric,
- ½ yard (50 cm) of lining fabric,
- 1 yard (1 meter) of fusible medium weight woven interfacing,
- ½ yard (50 cm) of foam interfacing/Decovil Light,
- One 7″ (18 cm) long #5 zipper,
- Two ¾” D-rings,
- One 1″ tri-glide slider for adjustable strap,
- Two 1″ swivel clasps for adjustable strap,
- One magnetic snap button,
- Rivets with long posts and rivet setter,
- Wonder clips/Pins,
- Teflon foot or walking foot if using vinyl or leather,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Measurements are approximate and don’t account for directional or fussy cutting.
Includes thirty pages of step-by-step instructions with colour photographs and printable full pattern pieces including rectangular pattern pieces. All pattern pieces include a seam allowance.
If you would like to download the FREE pattern you can click on the purple button below.
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
More Crossbody Bags to sew
For versatility, you can't beat a crossbody bag. Easy to wear, fun to sew, and a wardrobe essential. Everyone needs a few of these in their sewing pattern collection. Check out a few recent crossbody bag patterns to sew from our store.