Here’s the sewing pattern for the Greta Purse and shoulder bag. We think the distinctive shape gives this purse pattern a real retro feel to it. I remember an old purse of my grandmother from the 1950’s or 60’s in my dress up box when I was a little girl that looked very similar in shape to the one above.
This bag would look great in any number of fabrics – the floral is pretty, or look for a retro print, or a solid like a linen or even a vinyl. A faux crocodile print would look amazing!
As you can see it’s a great medium size bag with a lot of character. The bag can be carried in hand or over your shoulder.
The Greta Purse has the following features:
- One large compartment
- One front pocket
- One inside zippered pocket
- A firm bottom with bag feet
- A flap with decorative tabs and a turn lock
- A handle
- Dumbbell screws that allow you to change the shape of the side panels
- A removable and adjustable shoulder strap
When finished the Greta Purse is 8″ (20cm) wide by 10″ (about 25cm) high by 3.5″ (9cm) deep.
Get the pattern here