All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is an Easy Beginner Shoulder Bag sewing pattern that the designer, Projects By Jane, has named the Forever 19 Shoulder Bag Pattern.
This shoulder-length bag with curvy bottoms has two interior pockets, one of which is a double slip pocket and the other is a zip pocket. Forever 19 has a magnetic snap closure, or to make it simple you can make the bag without any closure. And this shoulder-length bag can be made with whatever length of strap you like.
This project is suitable for a beginner in bag making. This bag is a tiny bit challenging for a newbie but you can do it! You can opt not to make the zip pocket the first time around. There are lots of detailed steps and photos to guide you along.
When you have finished making the Forever 19 Shoulder Bag it will measure approximately:-
- Bag width: 13.5″ (34 cm) across the widest part of the bag bottom,
- Bag height: 11″ (28 cm) not including the strap,
- Strap drop: 12″ (30.5 cm),
- Strap length: 18.25″ (46.4 cm).
What you will need to make the Forever 19 Shoulder Bag:-
- 3/4 of a yard of exterior fabric,
- 3/4 of a yard of contrast fabric (optional),
- 1-yard of lining fabric,
- 1/2 a yard of fusible fleece,
- 1-yard of fusible interfacing,
- One 8″ (20 cm) nylon zipper,
- Fourteen 18mm magnetic snaps (optional),
- An all-purpose zipper foot or an adjustable zipper foot (preferred),
- Canvas tape (optional),
- 1/4″ wonder tape (preferred),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
- PDF pattern with eighteen pages,
- Step-by-step detailed instructions with color photos and diagrams,
- One full-size pattern piece,
- The bag is completely lined,
- Absolutely no raw seams (not even the zipper pocket!),
- Measurements in inches and cm,
- Paper size: Letter or A4,
- In ENGLISH only.
If you would like to download the pdf pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here for the pattern
More ideas for purses and handbags to sew
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.