All posts may contain affiliate links.
This is the Siana Handbag pdf sewing pattern. This elegant and sleek handbag makes a perfect city bag that will hold all your daily essentials in style!!!
This handbag has some great features as follows:-
- The exterior has two slip pockets and a zippered pocket.
- There are two slip pockets and a zippered pocket in the lining.
- A different method of zippered pocket finishing.
- A zip-top closure keeps the bag’s contents secure.
- An adjustable strap to carry your bag as a shoulder bag or as a cross-body bag.
- Easy way to turn the bag right side out! No pain for the fingers and no cursing required!
When you make your very own Siana Handbag it will measure approximately 17” wide at the middle, 10” tall at the center, and 3 1/4” deep.
The designer, Sew Candy Patterns, rates her project as an advanced bag with its curved edges, so some experience in bag making is ideal. However, there are over 70 colored diagrams in this pattern so it should be easy to follow!
What you will need to make a Siana Handbag:-
- 1/2 yard of quilting weight woven fabric,
- 1/2 yard of contrasting fabric woven/vinyl,
- 1-yard of quilting weight fabric,
- 3 yards of fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101),
- 1/2 yard of Foam or Fusible Fleece Interfacing,
- 4” wide by 9” high stiff interfacing (Pellon Peltex 71F),
- One 15” #5 Zipper (Recessed zipper),
- Two 11” #5 or #3 zipper (Zippered pockets),
- Four 1” Square Rings (Handle straps),
- Two 1” D-Rings,
- Two 1” Swivel Clasps (Adjustable strap),
- One 1” slider,
- Erasable marking pen,
- Coordinating thread,
- Optional: Fabric glue/double-sided tape,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here for the pattern
These are our most popular purse and handbag sewing patterns
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.