All posts may contain affiliate links.
This FREE bag pattern with a comprehensive tutorial from the Robert Kaufman blog will show you how to make a great messenger bag. This messenger bag sewing pattern is just the right size to carry your paperwork, files, tablet or even a small laptop (depending on the size). It also makes the perfect purse for work, when you might need to carry that bit extra with you, or for busy moms who need to use a larger bag to double as a purse and diaper bag for the baby essentials. Students will love this bag for their books.
The Dubstepper Messenger Bag has the following features:-
- a large exterior zipper pocket on the front of the bag,
- a smaller interior zipper pocket to keep smaller items safely stowed,
- a well-padded sleeve on the inside provides the perfect protection for your tablet,
- an adjustable cross-body strap,
- a sturdy carrying handle,
- final approximate measurements of 10″ by 12″ by 3″.
What you will need to make the Dubstepper Messenger Bag:-
- 1/2 yard of fabric for the exterior,
- 1/2 yard of fabric for the lining,
- 3/4 yard of fabric for the pocket linings,
- 3 1/2 yards of interfacing (Pellon SF 101),
- 1 1/4 yards of interfacing (Pellon Peltex 70 Sew-In),
- One 7″ zipper,
- One 14″ zipper,
- Four 1 3/4″ rectangle rings – check out our resources page for our favorite hardware suppliers,
- One 1 3/4″ slide,
- Two magnetic snaps,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the FREE pattern & tutorial
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns
for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.