Dana 3-in-1 Tote Bag sewing pattern
The Dana convertible tote and bag comes with three style variations and is the perfect carry-all bag for market, school, beach, or work. With two handles and the adjustable strap, you can wear Dana as a crossbody bag or a shoulder bag, or you can skip these altogether and use her as a large clutch.
The pattern comes with three style variations: classic tote, fold-over tote and, crossbody purse with zipper closure.
The Dana tote & bag features an external zipper pocket on the back and a slip pocket on the front which can be either secured by a magnetic snap or divided into two smaller compartments. In addition, you can add cargo and slip pockets in the lining to keep your small items organized. The large main compartment can hold a tablet, book, wallet, and other essentials with the option of a recessed zipper closure for added security.
This is a must-have versatile bag for your wardrobe and a must-have sewing pattern for your stash. Three totally different bags from the same pattern!
When you make yourself a Dana 3-in-1 Tote Bag it will measure approximately 42 cm (16 1/2″) wide by 12 cm (4 3/4″) deep. The height of each of the three variations of the bag is 40 cm (15 3/4″) for the V1 and V2 and 26 cm (10 1/4″) for the V3.
The designer, All Sew Petite, rates her project as suitable for intermediate sewers.
What is needed to make a Dana 3-in-1 Tote Bag:-
- Depends which version of the bag you sew. See pattern instructions for full details:
- 80 cm / 145 cm (32” / 57”) of external fabric,
- 90 cm / 145 cm (36” / 57”) of lining fabric,
- 60 cm / 90 cm (27” / 36”) of heavyweight stabilizer (V2 or V3),
- 160 cm / 145 cm (63” / 57”) of lightweight interfacing,
- Two 2.5 cm (1”) D- ring (V2 or V3),
- Two 2.5 cm (1”) Swivel hook (V2 or V3),
- One 2.5 cm (1”) Strap slider / adjuster (V2 or V3),
- One 12 mm (½”) Magnetic snap,
- Seven to fifteen (depending on version) Rivets (optional),
- One 32 cm (13”) #5 Zipper,
- One 45 cm (17”) #5 Zipper (optional for V1 & V2),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
You will receive a PDF pattern and easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions with color photos to make this bag.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
See more patterns from this designer here