All posts may contain affiliate links.
It is always nice to hear when a designer makes a new project and both uses it herself and loves it – and of course then shares it with all of us too.
This is true of this project, a Coin Purse with ID Holder. It was designed as a purse to carry her phone, coins and whatever else you want to throw in there.
It’s great to have a small purse for running a quick errand and it’s great to find things instead of rummaging through a much bigger bag. You could also make some as gifts for friends and family.
They are pretty easy to make and if you follow each step of the designers tutorial then it doesn’t take very long to make one of these little purses.
Want to find more wallet sewing patterns? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite wallet sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
What you will need to make a Coin Purse with id holder
- Some scraps of fabric, the designer used three different prints. You can use more or less, however, you want your little purse to appear.
- One 3 1/4″ by 5 1/2″ scrap of quilt batting or heavy fabric like flannel.
- One 3″ by 5 1/2″ piece of Heat and Bond or Wonder Under double-sided fusible.
- One 2 1/2″ by 3 3/4″ piece of vinyl.
- One 6″ long piece of 1/2″ wide steam-a-seam.
- One 3 3/4″ long piece of 1/4″ wide elastic.
- One 5″ piece of coordinating ribbon for the zipper pull.
- One 7-inch zipper.
- One keychain ring.
- Basic sewing supplies.
- A sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern