Coin purse with ID holder – free sewing pattern
It is always nice to hear when a designer makes a new project and both uses it herself and loves it – and of course then shares it with all of us too.
This is true of this project, a Coin Purse with ID Holder. It was designed as a purse to carry her phone, coins and whatever else you want to throw in there.
It’s great to have a small purse for running a quick errand and it’s great to find things instead of rummaging through a much bigger bag. You could also make some as gifts for friends and family.
They are pretty easy to make and if you follow each step of the designers tutorial then it doesn’t take very long to make one of these little purses.
What you will need to make a Coin Purse with id holder:-
- Some scraps of fabric, the designer used three different prints. You can use more or less, however, you want your little purse to appear.
- One 3 1/4″ by 5 1/2″ scrap of quilt batting or heavy fabric like flannel.
- One 3″ by 5 1/2″ piece of Heat and Bond or Wonder Under double-sided fusible.
- One 2 1/2″ by 3 3/4″ piece of vinyl.
- One 6″ long piece of 1/2″ wide steam-a-seam.
- One 3 3/4″ long piece of 1/4″ wide elastic.
- One 5″ piece of coordinating ribbon for the zipper pull.
- One 7-inch zipper.
- One keychain ring.
- Basic sewing supplies.
- A sewing machine.
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.