All posts may contain affiliate links.
This Classic wallet is the long-awaited accordion-style full zip around wallet that has been perfected by this most talented designer over the years to help everyone master the construction of the perfect zipper installation. Video directions are included to make sure you get the best possible results.
From now on there is no need for the use of a center block or that awkward stitching of the zipper on the curve. The designer’s methods make it easy to get the perfect zipper. This wallet is also a great way to use up some of those small pieces of fabric, vinyl or leather. Mix and match your prints for a whacky interior!
The Classic Zip Around Wallet has a high-end designer look with a lot of professional finishing touches. It features a semi-structured exterior that is suitable for cotton decorator fabrics, lightweight vinyl, and leathers.
The Classic Zip Around Wallet has lots of great pockets and pouches as follows:
- Twelve credit card slot pockets,
- Two bill pockets,
- Two open pocket areas for receipts
- A full-depth center zippered pouch.
Please be aware that this wallet will hold a cell phone ONLY when the interior zipper pocket is empty, and not full of coins.
When you have finished making your very own Classic Zip Around Wallet it will measure approximately 8½” wide by 4¼” high by 1″ deep.
The instructions in this pattern are written for fabric, vinyl, and leathers. Each section will cover any extra instructions pertaining to the medium that you may be using. Video tutorials are included – this sewing pattern really is like a comprehensive sewing class!
The designer rates her project as an intermediate sewing pattern. No matter what level of sewing experience you have, we’re sure you’ll learn something new and enjoy trying out new techniques with the help of these extensive videos.
What you will need to make the Classic Zip Around Wallet pattern:
- For the exterior fabric, you will need a 12″ by 12″ piece of decorator fabric, soft thin vinyl. Or 1 square foot of lightweight leather (.7 oz. – like garment leather or lamb). If you have a bell skiver to thin the edges then you can choose a thicker leather like 3 oz),
- ⅝ yard of 44″ wide quilting fabric,
- 10″ Kraft-Tex, based on 19″ width. Do not use the prewashed Kraft-Tex,
- One piece of 10″ by 9″ (⅛” thick is preferred) of foam,
- Decovil light (½ yard based on 36″ wide) or Fusible Buckram (2 yards of 3″ wide),
- One piece of 22″ #5 metal zipper tape,
- One #5 metal zipper pull,
- One #3 nylon zipper (7″ finished size),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to give this exciting pattern a try and learn lots of new skills and techniques along the way, then you should click on the button below.
Click here to get the pattern
See all the patterns for this designer here
Want to find more wallet sewing patterns? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite wallet sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.