All posts may contain affiliate links.
Swoon does it again with the Maisie Bowler Handbag! Another great bag sewing pattern from one of our favorite designers.
A modern twist on a retro design, this large handbag is the perfect fit for any Bombshell Betty. The unique handles and domed shape pay homage to bowling bags of the past. This bag can be carried by the handles in the crook of the elbow or over the shoulder with a detachable strap. A zippered pocket inside keeps the small things safe and easy to find.
As always you can’t go wrong with the quality of Swoon patterns and the detailed instructions, along with the very supportive Facebook group should you run into any questions.
When you have finished making yourself a Maisie Bowler Handbag it will measure approximately 12½″ wide by 8″ tall by 6″ deep.
What you will need to make a Maisie Bowler Handbag
- 1/4 yard (or fat quarter) 44” wide quilting weight exterior fabric,
- 2/3 yard 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric,
- 2/3 yard non-directional contrasting fabric, woven or vinyl,
- 1-yard of foam interfacing (Pellon Flexfoam FF77),
- 1/2 yard of fusible heavy stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F),
- 2 yards of fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101),
- 2 yards of pre-made piping,
- Two 1” swivel clips,
- Two 3/4” D-rings,
- Four 1” rectangle rings,
- One 14” all-purpose zipper for the main compartment,
- One 7” all-purpose zipper for the zippered pocket,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
This project is rated by the designer as 4/4 for difficulty so it is not suitable for beginners. If you would like to add this pattern to your collection then click on the button below. You can find the whole range of Swoon bag sewing patterns here.
Click here to get the pattern
This isn't quite what you are looking for? We have links to thousands of bag sewing patterns, tutorials, sewing videos and tips and lots more on our Pinterest account. Come and follow us, and save some of your favorites to your own boards for later.
More ideas for purses and handbags to sew
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.